IF YOU LIVE IN OR OWN PROPERTY IN BALTIMORE CITY, CHANCES ARE YOU HAVE A FLAT ROOF…
Flat roofs vary in lifespan and type of material. But one thing is certain about all flat roof products – you can save yourself a chunk of money and extend the life of your flat roof by doing a simple and cost effective solution – a Silicone Coating (something most folks have never heard of before).
5 BENEFITS OF GETTING A SILICONE COATING
1. Silicone coatings are roughly 1/3 of the price of replacing your roof. The problem is if you wait too long to do a coating on your roof, and your roofing material degrades too much, the surface will not be smooth enough for a silicone coating. So you must do a coating earlier on in the roof’s lifespan, as a preventative maintenance action.
2. Silicone coatings are energy efficient. Silicone coatings roll out white in color and reflect the suns rays. This helps save money on heating and cooling your home.
3. You buy yourself 7-12 years. If you get a coating on your roof while the rubber roof is still in good enough shape – your silicone coating can buy you 7-12 years of no maintenance on your flat roof for a price 1/3 of the cost of replacing your roof. This is in comparison to 1-3 years for an aluminum coating, which is a much more inferior product other roofing companies try to sell in the Baltimore market.
4. Silicone Coatings are the only roofing material that is water resistant.Another thing that differentiates silicone products from aluminum is their “water resistant” behavior. If water ponds on the surface of your roof, most materials are not “resistant” or in other words, they eventually will become porous if ponding is sustained. Silicone is one of the only products that is completely resistant to water and will continue to keep it out of your home even if it sits stagnant for a time.
5. Peace of mind. Silicone coatings are made from the same material in the infomercials where Billy Mayes is fixing a garden hose with a rubber patch. Every time one of our techs gets it on their hands, it is a difficult process to remove. And every time Four Twelve installs a coating, we do 2 coats, applied perpendicular to each other, to ensure optimal coverage. If your roof receives a coating, you can kiss those leaks goodbye – something that can be a continual problem for flat roof building owners.
WHETHER YOU ARE A COMMERCIAL PROPERTY OWNER OR A RESIDENTIAL HOMEOWNER IN BALTIMORE – IF YOU OWN A FLAT ROOF – SILICONE COATINGS MAY BE A GREAT OPTION FOR YOU.
Imagine 7-12 years of maintenance free time with your flat roof – this solution really is a gamechanger – and that is why our clients all around Baltimore are opting in to coat their roofs around the City and the County.
If you’d like a Free Estimate on coating your roof, call your local roofer in Baltimore – Four Twelve Roofing at (410) 989-7343 and we’ll schedule a time to check out your property and recommend the best course of action.